We will be going through Session Four: Paraphrase It! on Friday night. Please remember to journal as you go through your week. Remember to practice your week three memory verse.
- Susan and David's neighborhood party went well and Susan was able to witness to neighbors.
- Tiffany's new iphone works well.
- Michelle's daughter, Amanda, has tires on her car.
- Valerie is getting lots of hours at JC Penny. She really likes her new job and she is getting new shoes!
- Douglas and his drama team won the drama competition at school. Friday they went to the county competition and won. Now the team will complete in January at district.
- Things are better at work for Candi and her home life is awesome.
- Tiffany's brother received a promotion and raise.
- Please pray for healing and salvation for Michelle's friend, Maria.
- Pam Salter had to put her dog down on Saturday.
- Tiffany's mom and two TIA's last week.
- Please pray for good traveling graces for Tiffany's mom and dad as they travel to Texas for a week to visit Tiffany's brother.
- Please pray for the people and towns affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Please pray for the election.
- Rose's co-worker's brother is having experimental surgery on his heart. Please pray for the medical staff and for his healing.
- Please pray for Michelle's heaviness.
- Tiffany is feeling heavy about the Coalition Against prayer and their attack on schools. Tiffany is asking that we attack them with prayer.
- Please pray for salvation and revelation for Candi's co-worker Wanda.
- Please continue to pray for Chrisha and Stephanie as they job hunt.
Finger foods! Please bring your favorites to share.
- Stephanie is bringing sausage balls and dessert.
- The Israel's are bringing a veggie tray.
- The Chastain's will be bringing two goat cheese fruit and almond bars and crackers.
- The Salter's are brining popcorn chicken.
We will also be packing our Operation Christmas Child (OCC) boxes this Friday night. Please bring your items to pack. Chrisha has about 10 shoe boxes she will be bringing to use for packing. If you have more please bring them. They do not have to be OCC specific. Any shoe box is fine. Below is the information on packing a shoe box.
Use an empty shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift.
Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Print out the appropriate boy/girl label by downloading the artwork to the right. Mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box.
Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child. Use the gift ideas provided below.
Please donate $7 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online by using our “Follow Your Box Donation” option, or you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the gift items inside your box. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.
Place a rubber band around each closed shoe box and Chrisha will drop them off during OCC collection week, November 12-19, 2012.
Ideas for items:
small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch®, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky®, etc.
pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
Hard candy and lollipops (please double bag all candy), mints, gum, T-shirts, socks, ball caps; sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)
A PERSONAL NOTE
In a separate envelope, you may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. (If you include your name and address, the child may write back.)
DO NOT INCLUDE:
Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snowglobes or glass containers; aerosol cans.